Sunday, August 22, 2010

Psychic Powers

Hello all.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Ana and I am 18 years young.



I'm probably an alien, because what you will read on this blog will make you think "What the hell? That's not normal!"



Or maybe it is normal, and i'm just weird and naive.



Or maybe you're abnormal too!

Anyway, because intros are boring, I will stop writing one and get to my first entry which is a little story about how I thought I had psychic powers when I was younger.



I think it was because I had watched X-men the night before. I kind of have this problem- it's like after I watch a movie (especially action or horror) I feel like it's still happening except I'm the star of the movie and I have to solve the conflicts of my life the way the main character of said movie would. This usally lasts 1 to 2 days depending on how engrossed in the film I am.

I don't think i'm ever going to watch Jumanji again.



Anyway-

I woke up that morning and I just knew that I could read minds.



I usually take the bus to school and I always like sitting at the back because it makes the bus ride bumpy. I know you like it too, don't deny it.



So that particular day, I sat down and decided that if I could really read minds I could also control peoples' minds and get them to do things.

But of course I didn't want to just jump right in and make them do crazy stuff- so I decided that I would control them to look at me and smile.



My first victim was this tall, balding man with a suitcase. He picked his spot to sit, which happened to be right in front of me, and then opened up a newspaper he had also been carrying.



I closed my eyes for a second and then full out glared at him, concentrating as hard as I could.

This is what I looked like:



Nothing happened though but I wasn't going to give up easily. I decided that I would control him in an easier way like make him turn a page. So I neared my eyes together and glared at him again...

...and he actually turned a page!

I was overjoyed by this, completely ignoring the fact that it could have been coincidental and he had finished reading the page before.

I felt super proud and confident! So confident that I thought of him as a weak speciman and decided on my next victim.

I turned to this little girl who was standing with her mother and began glaring at her, hoping she would turn to look at me!



She did, but then she turned to her mom and pointed at me.

Of course, I was still like this:



And her mother became genuinely concerned and told her not to stare at people less fortunate than her.



But I was on a roll, and I wasn't going to let that puny comment bring me down.

When I got home, I went to my mother and told her I could read minds and that I was psychic. She turned to me and sat me down on her bed. This is how the conversation went.

MOM: What am I thinking about right now?

ME: It doesn't work like that, you have to give me some time.

MOM: But you're psychic, you should be able to use your power.

ME: I can't control it on demand!

MOM: Then how do you know you were actually reading their minds? You could have just been imagining their thoughts.

ME: I just knew.

MOM: You want that for dinner?

ME: What?

MOM: I just read your mind and you told me that you want broccoli for dinner.

ME: No! You're wrong!

MOM: See, I thought I was reading your mind but I was just thinking what I wanted you to be thinking.

ME: Okay fine. But I can make people do things!

MOM: Oh my gosh, so can I. I predict that you're going to blink in the next 20 seconds.

ME: No, I won't.

MOM: Okay.

I blink within 20 seconds.

ME: That's not fair!

MOM: No, you're not psychic. You think you're an X-Man but you're not. If you want, I can make you your favorite salad.

My mother likes to bring me back to reality and then go off on a tangent.



She also calls me dramatic.

I am NOT dramatic.



She may think i'm not psychic but I know I am. I just haven't mastered it yet.

I know all of you have thought, at some point, that you had magic powers or a special ability! ADMIT IT!

I dunno- Maybe i'm just an alien.

2 comments:

Taleisha said...

Okay, growing up I always thought that I could make people see what I was seeing through my eyes and hear what I was hearing as well. I don't know why I ever thought this, but I've always had an active imagination. Lol I found this blog on ur fanfiction account. Your right, it is quite funny. <3

Ana said...

thanks so muh Taleisha! :) And thanks for reading my fanfictions too! <3

Post a Comment